Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'll Remember



I’ll remember

I remember the day when they said that they knew,
That you would be born with something askew.
Your heart was not right and everyone knew
Any days we had would be precious and few.
I cried for awhile and then wiped my eyes
With great grandmas hanky I was saving with pride.
A miracle happened when you suddenly arrived
Beating all odds, you fought to survive.
Your cheeks are so rosy that no one would know
How sick you still are as you run and grow
Every day that you’re with us is wonderful indeed
As you surpass all odds and grow like a weed.
My love grows stronger and my faith remains true
How much time is left we wish we knew.
As each year passes, know in your heart
I’ll remember you as I design each and every “broken-heart”

© by Colleen Lee 2007

No comments: